KKR in talks to invest in Emami; Temasek may inject fresh funds into Pine Labs
Global alternative assets giant KKR & Co. is in advanced negotiations to invest $280 Mn via structured finance in Kolkata-based Emami Group.
Paytm Pledges All Assets To ICICI Bank To Borrow $196 Mn
One97 Communications-owned Paytm, has pledged all its current assets and mutual fund investments to ICICI Bank Ltd in order to borrow $196 Mn for its working capital needs. Read More
Startup News Snippets
Editor’s Weekly Pick
We should know what we know, and know what we don’t know. Our greatest fallacies lie in us not knowing what we don’t know. A young entrepreneur shared this wonderful video about the Dunning-Kruger effect, which is as applicable to startups as it is to established leaders.
WBEC at Indore
This week TiE’s Madhya Pradesh chapter successfully co-organized a major event – World Business ‘nEconomy Congress, which brought many dignitaries, including Capt Gopinath, Ashwani Lohani, Aishwarya Rai, Madhavan Nair and 20 more entrepreneurs, academicians, celebrities and leaders from across India.
- Global alternative asset company TPG announced the final close of its Asian focused PE fund, TPG Capital Asia VII fund, after raising $4.6 Bn in commitments.
- Indian startups are currently making a successful entry into the European market through Estonia. Mukesh Ambani had also participated in the programme and has set up a research centre for Jio in the country.
- The MSInS organized the Maharashtra Startup Week to support the startup ecosystem in the state and gives a platform for budding entrepreneurs to grow by showcasing their innovative solutions to the Government of Maharashtra.
- PhonePe is speculated to raise fresh funds from PE firms KKR & Co, General Atlantic LLC, Tiger Global, and Tencent.
- Ola to raise funding from Mirae Asset-Naver Asia Growth Investment, which was jointly launched by Korea-based Mirae Financial Group and internet company Naver, with the investment in ongoing Series J funding where it is expected to raise $1 Bn.
- Bengaluru-headquartered food processing company Britannia is now looking to set up a separate entity and team over the next 6 months to invest in Indian startups across categories and platforms.