Adani Group looks to pick up stake in Mumbai Airport for $1.3 Bn
Billionaire Gautam Adani-led diversified conglomerate Adani Group to pick up a 23.5% stake in Mumbai International Airport from South Africa’s Bidvest Group and Airports Company South Africa. Read More
Entrepreneur First raises $115 Mn for first close of a new deep tech fund
Entrepreneur First, an investment firm which focuses on promoting startup development, has raised $115 Mn for the first close of a new deep tech-focused global fund. Read More
Startup News Snippets
Editor’s Weekly Pick
Softbank’s Vision Fund continues to raise the bar of startup investments multi-fold. Here is an interesting opinion of their investment style and impact on VC world.
- Online lending startup Capital Float may soon raise $100 Mn-$150 Mn fresh funds from Naspers-ownedfintech company PayU for a 25%-30% stake valuing it at nearly $500 Mn.
- The Department of Science and Technology, Lockheed Martin Corporation and Tata Trusts announced an investment of $2 Mn for social and industrial innovations under the India Innovation Growth Programme 2.0.
- Delhi-based angel investor Dhianu Da launched his VC fund, Alfa Ventures with a corpus of INR 100 Cr.
- Ecommerce companies Amazon and Flipkart are reportedly in talks with Mumbai-based online kids fashion platform Hopscotch for purchasing a significant minority stake.
- BLS Accelerator has committed to invest upto $1 Mn in early startups across focussed sectors includingagritech, G2C, egovernance, healthcare and travel.
- Singapore-based BIGO Technology, a global video-based social media platform has committed $100 Mn investment in India over the next three years.
- CBA Ventures and MET League of Colleges, Bandra have come together to launch Startup Accelerator in Mumbai. The initiative is likely to provide MET with the early mover advantage in the global content.