Half Of Google India’s $154 Mn Ad Spend In 2018 Went To Offline Activities
Global search giant Google reportedly spent $154 Mn on advertising in India in 2018, making it one of the top advertisers in India. Read More
OYO Expands To Phillippines, Begins Partnering With Hotels In Manila
Homegrown hospitality unicorn OYO has entered yet another global destination in its bid to expand its customer base and extend its reach in the international tourism sector. Read More
Startup News Snippets
Editor’s Weekly Pick
From last week’s coverage of agri-tech, this week let’s look at some of the game-changing innovations in industrial robotics. Here is WSJ covering the new industrial revolution.
- Gurugram-based automobile repair and service solution startup GoMechanic raised $4 – 5 Mn in a Series A round led by Sequoia Capital.
- Tamil Nadu launched its Startup and Innovation policy 2018-2023 with a mission of providing an enabling ecosystem for startups registered in the state and to make Tamil Nadu a global innovation hub for startups’ by 2023.
- Assam Chief Minister launched the Assam Startup initiative, including state-level hub for entrepreneurship development, The Nest.
- Maruti Suzuki announced the launch of its Mobility & Automobile Innovation Lab as part of a program to promote innovation in India for automobile and mobility space.
- Hyderabad-headquartered IT park developers Meenakshi Group launched its venture fund, Meenakshi Multiples Startup Fund to invest $10 Mn in promising startups.
- Delhi-based early-stage consumer technology venture capital fund AdvantEdge Founders announced its second fund, AdvantEdge Founders Fund II with a target of raising a corpus of $42 Mn with a focus on mobility.
- Venture capital firm Sequoia Capital India launched its startup accelerator and incubation programme called Surge. The Surge will pick up 10–20 early stage startups twice a year and invest $1.5 Mn in each of them at the start or very early stage of the programme.
- Espark-Viridian is back with the fifth edition of #AccessXcceleration, inviting early-stage startups across all sectors to participate.
- Mumbai-based POWERED accelerator has announced nine women entrepreneurs participating in its second cohort to develop their businesses and deliver access to energy solutions across India.
- Gastrotope, the agrifood startup accelerator founded by Taizo Son’s Mistletoe, Rajesh Sawhney, and Infobridge, has picked five startups for its first cohort.