Edtech Unicorn Byju’s Gets $200 Mn From Tiger Global
Founded in 2008 by Divya Gokulnath and Byju Raveendran, Byju’s announced that it has raised funding from New York-based Tiger Global. The round reportedly valued Byju’s at $8 Bn.
ESAF Small Finance Bank files for $135 mn IPO
Thrissur-based small finance bank ESAF on 6th Jan filed its draft red herring prospectus with the Securities and Exchange Board of India for an initial public offering of $135.6 million.
Startup News Snippets
- Honasa Consumer’s FMCG brand Mamaearth has raised $18 Mn in Series B funding from Sequoia India, Fireside Ventures, Stellaris Venture Partners and Sharp Ventures
- Private investment company Lupa Systems buys majority stake in Indian online learning startup Harappa Education in an undisclosed amount
- Flipkart Co-Founder & former CEO Sachin Bansal has acquired DHFL General Insurance from Wadhawan Group Capital for $14 Mn through his investment firm Navi Technologies
- Medtech startup Axio Biosolutions has raised $5 Mn in Series B-1 funding from Omidyar Network India, Accel, University of California, Ratan Tata-backed RNT Fund, and Chiratae Ventures
- Pharmacy retail chain Generico which is operated by Workcell Solutions has raised $1 Mn in venture debt from Alteria Capital as a part of Series A funding
- Chandigarh-based fintech startup PayMart India has raised an undisclosed amount from IIM Ahmedabad’s incubator, CIIE.CO., and Chandigarh Angels
- Agrochemical firm Crystal Crop Protection has acquired three insecticide brands from US-based agricultural company Corteva Agriscience in an undisclosed amount