Flipkart Gets $225 Mn Boost Ahead Of Festive Season Sales
Walmart-owned Flipkart has received $224.9 Mn infusions from its Singapore-based entity, Flipkart Private Limited.
Gurugram-based eCommerce logistics startup Delhivery has raised $115 Mn in fresh funding from the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). Following this investment, CPPIB will have one seat on Delhivery’s Board.
Startup News Snippets
- Early-stage venture investment firm Good Capital announced a $25 Mn fund. The venture fund, founded by brothers Rohan and Arjun Malhotra
- Mumbai-based audio streaming platform JioSaavn received $19 Mn from Reliance Industries. Reliance’s Jio Music and Saavn combined valuation was $1 Bn at the time of the merger
- Delhi-based agritech-focused incubator Indigram Labs announced the launch of Adhunik Gram, a smart village program to empower agribusinesses in India
- Entrepreneur-turned-investor Binny Bansal is now planning to roll out a venture capital fund to target a corpus of $300-$400 Mn. The fund’s primary focus will be on Indian startups
- Reliance Industries is planning to fund and are scouting around for all technology available for waste segregation, recycling, and waste to energy
- Pune-based food maker and delivery app Rebel Foods will raise $73 Mn Series D funding from New York-based technology hedge fund Coatue Management
- Venture capital fund Chiratae Ventures is all set for the first close of its fourth India-focussed fund at $150 Mn. The venture fund plans to raise $275 Mn for the fund