Mobile value-added services firm OnMobile to sell a minority stake to Jump Networks
Jump Networks, which provides digital services to low-bandwidth mobile phone users, will acquire an 18% stake in mobile value-added services provider OnMobile Global for $207 Mn.
Startup News Snippets
Editor’s Weekly Pick
The translation of intellectual ‘strategy’ to ground-level ‘execution’ for early-stage ventures. Here are my views highlighting a permanent hurdle faced by every startup.
- France-based multinational advertising and public relations company Havas Group has acquired Indian digital agency Langoor for an undisclosed amount
- Agra-based business-to-business marketplace for leather products ShoeKonnect will raise $1.5 Mn Series C funding from India’s premier Internet-based business, Info Edge
- The Government of Karnataka in association with NASSCOM and ecosystem partners, Startup Karnataka, TIE and THE GAIN launched ‘Bangalore Fintech Forum’
- Mumbai-based VC Lightbox Ventures closed its third India-focused investment fund at $209 Mn. The fund’s closing amount is slightly higher than the fund’s initial target of $200 Mn
- Microsoft India will launch “Highway to a Hundred Unicorns” program in collaboration with the Industries Commissionerate and iNDEXTb, Government of Gujarat
- Singapore-headquartered venture capital firm Vertex Ventures closes its $305 Mn early-stage fund focused on investing in Indian and Southeast Asian technology startups
- Early-stage investor Kae Capital will raise its third venture capital fund of $60 Mn. With the new funding, the company is expected to increase its funding ticket size