Switzerland-based IT security solutions EST Group plans to invest $250 mn into Indian startups in the next 18 months
Swiss-based EST Group on Friday said it is planning to invest $250 Mn in the next 18 months into Indian startups that are focused on fintech applications and related business models.
Startup News Snippets
Editor’s Weekly Pick
We’ve seen this throughout history, the automation and mechanization boosts the overall standard of living. We’ve seen it with the Industrial Revolution, and it’s going to happen again. Robot pets have the potential to be useful in many ways. Here is a new robot pet named Spot, a robot pet by Boston Dynamics.
- VC fund Metaform Ventures is investing $2 Mn in its India Center of Excellence to conduct research on tobacco cessation and harm reduction
- Facebook said that it has now selected six projects from India that will focus on three key areas – governance, cultural diversity, and operationalising ethics
- Growth stage VC firm Avataar Capital Management launched its first investment fund of $300 Mn, named Avataar Venture Partners I
- Amazon India’s plans to buy a minority stake in Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Retails have most likely fallen apart due to high valuations
- OYO Hotels and Homes is in talks to raise fresh funding between $750 Mn-$1Bn from Japanese multinational conglomerate SoftBank
- Real estate startup NoBroker is in talks to raise a $100 – $130 Mn funding round from Tiger Global and General Atlantic. This new round is expected to value the company at $400 Mn
- Bengaluru-based accelerator The CoWrks Foundry has announced the conclusion of its third cohort with eight startups