NCLT approves JSW’s $2.7-bn bid for Bhushan Power & Steel
The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved billionaire Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Steel Ltd’s offer of $2.7 Bn to buy debt-laden Bhushan Power & Steel Ltd.
Startup News Snippets
Editor’s Weekly Pick
Can the Indian industry and society brace itself against economic downturns in the future? Is it only cyclical, or something more fundamental/structural? Here we share a different perspective about the Indian economic slowdown.
- Early-stage venture fund Chiratae Ventures will raise $20 Mn from a member of the World Bank Group, The International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Asia’s largest startup conclave, Huddle Kerala, is returning with its 2nd edition on Sept 27-28 to celebrate the startup ecosystem in one of the most progressive states in the country for startups
- Gurugram-based eCommerce company Snapdeal founders Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal have come together to set up an investment vehicle, Titan Capital
- Three months after selling shares worth $76.4 Mn, Flipkart co-founder Binny Bansal sold additional shares in the company to Tiger Global Management for $14 Mn
- To offer mentorship guidance to startups in Punjab, YES BANK has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the state government’s Startup Punjab initiative
- Lightspeed India Partners selected Blackboard Radio, Bakbuck, Deepsync, EazyPG, Gratitude, GroMo, Ithaka, Openapp, Womaniya, and Xeno for Extreme Entrepreneurs 2019
- French cosmetics giant L’Oreal invested an undisclosed amount in Fireside Fund II, an early-stage venture capital fund managed by Bengaluru-based Fireside Ventures